Metamorphoses Opening Show

Junior+Kayla+Brown+%28left%29+and+Alexis+Castillo+%28right%29+discuss+how+the+set+should+be+set+up+to+display+a+perfect+scene.+

Marcos Andazola/Teal Tribune

Junior Kayla Brown (left) and Alexis Castillo (right) discuss how the set should be set up to display a perfect scene.

Marcos Andazola, Reporter

The Thespian Society continues to rehearse for their upcoming show “Metamorphoses.”  The cast works to build the set and memorize lines before the release in September.

The play features Greek Mythology involving Gods and Goddess and their different perspectives and how they intervene with the characters. It consists of fifteen books.

The theatre enters the third year of production and according to Theater teacher Israel Boswell, the show will be great.

Assisting him this year is Mrs. Rosy Sanchez.

“Me and Mrs. Sanchez had a new idea of going out of our comfort zone and showing the cast a different perspective of acting,” Boswell said. “We decided to do ‘Metamorphoses’ to give students the opportunity to experience a different style of theatre. Something that will make them think 0utside the box.”

This is the very first year that Pebble Hills High School has seniors and Boswell hopes to leave a message to his students before opening day.

“Life is a theatre, theatre is everywhere through jobs, through interviews, through pretty much anything you will do.” Boswell said. “So, be prepared, know what you’re saying, pick the right character but always remember to improvise when needed.”

Heugene Brown, president of 2017-2018 Thespian Society, looks to leave his mark on the program.

“This year has to be one of the most challenging years yet,” Brown said. “The show will be very successful.”

Brown feels that this being his last year in high school has prompted his fellow cast to make it memorable.

“Metamorphoses” will debut in Oct. 27 in the theater open at 6:00 p.m. and all students and teachers are invited to attend.