The Teal Tribune

The Student News Site of Pebble Hills High School

The Teal Tribune

The Teal Tribune

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Volleyball Defeats El Dorado in Home Opener

Sophomore Melina Gonzalez spikes the ball against El Dorado Tuesday, August 29th. Photo by Caitlyn Griffitts

It was a big night for the varsity volleyball team taking home court on Aug. 29 against the El Dorado Aztecs in their home opener as Pebble Hills collected their first district win of the season by sweeping the Aztecs, 3-0.

Spot serving and consistent blocks are something head coach Marcela Rocha feels helped her team get the win.

“It was a team win, we were executing our blocks,” said Rocha about her teams skill on the court. “There are still a lot of things we need to execute to make it a cleaner win, but it’s always good to win after our first district loss.”

The Spartans lost their first district game against the Eastwood Troopers, but rebounded nicely.

“I feel like I did pretty good ,but I think I need to work on my blocking and covering more,” said senior Natalia Gonzalez, who had ten kills and two aces and seven digs.

The district race continues as Pebble Hills heads to play Coronado. 

“We are working on controlling what we can control, setting the good tempo of the game, staying in the lead and never chasing,” Rocha mentioned about this week’s preparation against  Coronado. 

According to Natalie Gonzales, she feels that the team will be good and we just needs to believe and have confidence.

Pebble Hills will play Coronado who has lost their first 2 district matches and has overall 15 – 8 out of all of their games. Their recent game against Eastlake resulted in a lost 2-3. 

Photos by Sofia Rojas and Caitlyn Griffitts.