Golf Places Third in First Tournament of the Season

Junior Eduardo Contreras putts during the Chapin Tournament Wednesday Oct. 27. Photo by Isaac Tarazon

Stephanie Solis, Reporter

Pebble Hills boy’s varsity golf team finished third place at the Underwood Golf Course on Oct. 27. The tournament, which was the first of the year, was hosted by Chapin High School. 

With the forecast predicting fifty degree weather, along with high winds, action commenced as Christopher Camacho went against a player from Americas High School. 

“I was kind of excited, but I don’t move well with the cold,” Camacho said. “I know how to fix my game, I just wish it was better weather. I need to learn to play with the wind so that way it helps me.” 

After placing third, junior Eduardo Contreras looked back at his performance and overall opinion of the team’s first tournament of the season. 

“We get nervous, usually for our first tournament we don’t play that good, but this time it was better than our previous ones especially last year because of COVID,” said Contreras. “I’m a little disappointed in myself and the way I played, I feel like I can do so much better.”

Contreras, who has been playing since he was 5-years-old, wants to get better and feels that the next tournament he plays in, he will end the course with a better score.

“I did meet some of my expectations, my short game was really good but my driving was pretty off, but we’re gonna work on it and I’m going to learn from it, and I’m sure my teammates are gonna help me do that at practice.” 

Pebbles Hills golf will be in action again Nov. 1 at Lonestar Golf Course.

Photos by Isaac Tarazon