Pebble Hills Dominates Americas in 57-20 Win Thursday Night

Sophomore Brandon Cardenas takes it for a touchdown as the Spartans get the 57-20 win against Americas Thursday night, Oct. 21. Photo by Jonathan Rojas

Tanner Cordts, Reporter

The Spartans continue to blow past teams as they make easy work of the Americas Trailblazers with a 57-20 win Thursday night at the SAC. This is their fourth district win and puts them in the driver’s seat for a playoff position. 

Americas scored the first touchdown, but the Spartans countered this with a score of their own. It was a tie at the end of the first quarter, but that was as close as it would get.

Pebble Hills poured it on with two touchdowns, one being a 99-yard run, that would lead to a  1-yard  QB sneak into the end zone by sophomore Gael Ochoa. Spartans ended the first half with a 21-point advantage, 28-7.

The Spartans would start the third quarter with a 29-yard touchdown run by Gael Ochoa. They wouldn’t let the Trailblazers get close, keeping them at 7 points the entire quarter. They would again score two times, leading by 35 points at the end of the quarter, 42-7 going into the fourth.

The Spartans would start the fourth quarter of with a touchdown by Jacob Ledesma, who finished the game with two touchdowns. Americas would finally score another touchdown, but Spartans would follow up with a touchdown from Erik Marin. 

“It feels good, winning against some pretty good teams,” said Ledesma shortly after the win. “We don’t really prepare for anything, we just go out there and play ball,” Ledesma said about preparations for next week.

According to juniors Ricardo Gallegos, Diego and Dallas Salazar, today was a great win and they were locked and prepared for this game.

Pebble Hills, who is 4-1 in district prepares for their final home game against the visiting Montwood Rams Friday at 7:00 p.m. Oct. 29 at the SAC.

“We feel great, this winning streak keeps us going and it comes down to practice, and working out during practice, and that’s what we’re going to do.”