Eduardo Garcia is New Mariachi and Orchestra Teacher

Sophomore Nick Myers poses next to Mr. Garcia Thursday afternoon, eager to learn about music. Photo by Dayanna Esparza

Dayanna Esparza

New Mariachi and Orchestra teacher Eduardo Garcia was introduced Monday, Aug.15 two weeks late into the school the school year.

“I was very excited to start the school year,” Garcia said. “I knew the students were two weeks without a teacher so they must have been very anxious to have a new teacher, I knew this program was a very good program both mariachi and orchestra so I was just very excited to start the school with the students and to continue the programs here at Pebble Hills.”

Garcia has been teaching music for more than 10 years before joining the campus. His love for the art of music began in high school where his own teachers inspired him to incorporate both mariachi and orchestra into his career. 

“I want to continue to instill those values in the students even if they don’t pursue music afterwards it’s just something that they really enjoy and will remember from high school,” Garcia said.

There are many amazing and fun things that he has planned for both mariachi and orchestra teams, things such as continuing their concerts in December and end of the year concert. Garcia even wants to include some kind of folkloric, a concert that includes not just music but visuals and bright colors. With the first 6 weeks coming to end he gives us a bit of insight on how his first few weeks have gone. 

“The highs have definitely been coming in and seeing the students well prepared and their willingness to learn, its been a great program for a couple of years so both mariachi and orchestra are very eager to learn new music, continue playing and they like to be challenged so that is something that I think is one of the biggest experiences that I have gotten to this week,” Garcia said. 

Photos by Dayanna Esparza