The Best TV Shows to Binge Watch During Intersession

Brisa Borunda, Reporter

How I Met Your Mother

If you are a sucker for a good blend of comedy and romance, this series is definitely for you. The episodes begin when the main character, Ted, explains to his kids about all his fails, triumphs and his failed loves. With flashbacks before he met his wife, his friends and him go through funny moments and life changing experiences. This show teaches you a lot of things to keep in mind while looking for your soul mate.  

Freaks and Geeks

When Sam Weir starts high school as a freshman he goes through awkward moments like being in Sex-Ed or asking a girl out, he finds out the meaning behind true friendship and staying true to who you are. But his older sister, Lindsey Weir, moves from the geeks to the stoner group; she has a hard time trying to find out who she is. What I find so great about this television show is that it takes place in the 80’s in a suburban area and the characters look like what you would find during the 80’s. The episodes do not always have a happy ending but it is very candid.

The Vampire Diaries

This TV show is more than just a cliché story about a vampire finding a pretty girl. It’s about Elena Gilbert who tries to keep her brother and friends alive from attacks from vampires and other mystical creatures. With all that pressure, she is torn between brothers, Damon Salvatore and Stefan Salvatore; the notorious vampires. This show definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat and makes girls swoon over the Salvatore brothers.

The Office

Imagine having the worst boss ever. Now, imagine a boss who is overly sensitive and makes inappropriate jokes, this is the main character, Michael Scott. Michael works at Dunder Mifflin, a small paper company, as the regional manager for a branch in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His two right hand men, Dwight Shrute and Jim Halpert go through hilarious situations that make you love these characters. Even if Michael Scott sounds so annoying and horrible, at the end you still love his character because of his childlike demeanor.  This TV series has it all, from drama, to love and paper salesmen.

How to Get Away With Murder

Professor Keating is the best of the best. She has never lost a major case. In her classroom she chose the top 5 of her law students to intern for her office. When a girl is found dead on campus, questions are raised and actions are done that forever changes the students. This series makes you feel like you are one of the students, feeling the wrath of Professor Keating and the law.

Quantico

When Alex Parrish joins the FBI, she goes through training at Quantico, the best FBI boot camp in America. The challenges she faces pushes her to the limit but it has made her stronger and faster.  Later, she is accused of a terrorist attack and she must convince everyone that she is innocent by proving that one of her Quantico peers is the terrorist. Alex is a strong protagonist who makes girls feel empowered and inspired to be whoever they want to be. The plot has so many twists and turns and  the script is so well written.

That 70’s Show

Bell bottoms, fuzzy carpets, and disco music? Sign me up! This tv series is very unique from other shows. The Foremen family is dysfunctional, yet, they always stay together. The parents, Kitty and Red Foremen , are total opposites but they are so compatible. Eric Foremen, is a teenage boy who has hilarious and great friends who always have his back and still make petty “burns” to each other.  The pretty boy, the rebel rocker, the foreigner, the tomboy, and the rich girl have absolutely nothing in common yet they are such an amazing group of friends. It is like if the Brady Bunch took a sharp and hilarious turn . The characters are so rare and extraordinary it is hard not to love. To the funny situations and the romance, it is a must see for any teenager.