Spartans Offensive Report Card

Assistant+coach+Chris+Taylor+giving+advice+to+his+players+during+the+game+against+El+Dorado+Friday+Aug.+30.+

Paulina Loya II Teal Tribune

Assistant coach Chris Taylor giving advice to his players during the game against El Dorado Friday Aug. 30.

Jorge Solis, Editor-In-Chief

Wide Receivers: A+
The wide receivers all performed preformed well. Senior wide receiver Isaiah Davis had a game-high four touchdowns and 126 yards, and made the Aztecs’ defense look foolish, especially after scoring his second of four touchdowns before time expired in the first half. Second, came the junior wide receiver Jalen Partida who ran for a total of 67 yards.
Quarterbacks: A
Running the offense as smooth as butter, returning senior quarterback Sebastian Ochoa had a stellar night. Ochoa managed to guide his teammates to the spots that they needed to be, and assisted in scoring four of the Spartans’ eight touchdowns, and along with this, Ochoa had 284-total yards for the game. A great start to the season for him.
Running backs: B+
The running backs played a very up and down game, as senior running back Kylar Sanchez gathered 75-rushing yards as well as scoring his first touchdown in varsity. This is Sanchez’s first-time playing at the varsity level. Second, sophomore running back Erik Marin, who had a great freshman year, gathered 85-rushing yards, but did not manage to score a touchdown.
Offensive Line: A
The offensive line, led by seniors Zacchary Pomele, Alexandro Hernandez, and Brian Jimenez, played a strong part in the offense’s dominance and limited them to one sack throughout the entire game. They completely helped control the tempo of the game and led the charge during the second half that led to the 33-point surge.
Special Teams: A
Anytime you can get any kind of points out of your special teams, it is a reason to celebrate. After the Aztecs put points on the board, junior running back Anthony Donacio slammed the door shut on any attempts of a comeback from the Aztecs with an 83-yard touchdown kick-off return.
Overall Offensive Grade: A
Coming into the game, the Spartans had high expectations as they have never lost a season opener in school history.